NCET helps you explores enterprise and know-how.
What do track-and-trace software program, Soiled Wookie, panty subscriptions, cybersecurity and salumi have in widespread? They’re all services or products supplied by the organizations that gained the 2020 NCET and EDAWN Awards.
One of many many issues I like about working at NCET is getting to satisfy the unimaginable individuals and firms who drive our vibrant and various enterprise and know-how neighborhood. One of many methods I uncover them is thru these annual awards.
The NCET Tech Awards — now of their thirteenth yr — rejoice the Northern Nevada people and firms who’ve significantly enhanced the expansion and status of our know-how neighborhood, whereas the EDAWN Awards acknowledge the individuals and assets which have performed an integral half in contributing to the expansion of our entrepreneurial neighborhood.
For the primary time in NCET Tech Awards historical past, girls and women-owned companies make up half of this yr’s award winners! From educational professionals to synthetic intelligence operators, these girls signify the nice technological panorama in Northern Nevada. Please be a part of me in a particular congratulations for every of those girls and women-owned companies!
Now, getting again to drones and Soiled Wookie, listed here are only a few of this yr’s award-winning corporations and organizations:
- rfxcel Company helps handle firm provide chains to guard merchandise and model reputations with probably the most tenured track-and-trace software program within the life sciences market. (www.rfxcel.com)
- Panty Drop is a know-how firm that delivers a customized intimates buying expertise for ladies of all sizes. (www.pantydrop.me)
- PacStates represents a number of options for IT Safety, cybersecurity, networks, Telco and web companies and far, rather more. (www.pacstatesnv.com)
- Full Tilt Logistics & Transportation supplies trucking, freight brokerage and warehousing and distribution companies each right here within the Reno-Sparks space in addition to nationwide. (www.fulltiltlogistics.com)
- Soiled Wookie is a brown ale brewed in Reno by The Brewer’s Cupboard. Different brews embrace Dragon Punch, Blind Duck and seasonal beers like Oktoberfest and Imperial Stout. (www.thebrewerscabinet.com)
- Liberty Artisan Meats is a USDA-inspected artisan butcher store that began producing in 2014 and now makes a variety of basic charcuterie, sausages, cured meats — and salumi. (www.libertyfoodandwine.com)
- Iris Automation is a drone know-how and security avionics firm constructing a Pc Imaginative and prescient-based Detect-and-Keep away from system that provides drones situational consciousness of flight environments as if a pilot have been onboard. (www.irisonboard.com)
- The Society of Girls Engineers contains members in engineering/technical disciplines and non-technical professionals who promote engineering consciousness and development of math and science fields regionally. (http://sns.swe.org)
NCET and EDAWN will honor every of those corporations and organizations together with all the opposite winners on the NCET Tech Showcase at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 21 in a hybrid occasion originating on the Reno-Sparks Conference Middle. You’ll be able to be taught extra about all 30 winners and buy tickets for the net Awards Gala at www.NCETawards.com.
Dave Archer is president/CEO of Nevada’s Middle for Entrepreneurship and Know-how (NCET) which produces academic and networking occasions to assist individuals discover enterprise and know-how. Extra information at www.NCET.org.