ROUND ROCK, Texas, Oct. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ —
- Dell Applied sciences delivers PC and IT infrastructure innovation throughout edge, core knowledge facilities and public clouds whereas shifting 90% of its world workforce to work remotely
- The corporate modernizes its infrastructure portfolio with Dell EMC PowerStore, PowerScale and PowerFlex
- The corporate expands hybrid cloud capabilities with Dell Applied sciences Cloud and ruggedized VxRail hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) for edge environments
- Dell Applied sciences prospects develop despite an ever-changing panorama
Over the past decade, organizations of all sizes have embraced a linked and digital society. An much more dramatic shift is underway as how we work and study has turn out to be distributed, and the house is now the workplace and the classroom. Dell Applied sciences (NYSE: DELL) delivers innovation to make a extra linked, data-intensive and distributed future a actuality.
“An organization’s digital transformation technique has by no means been extra important than it’s as we speak. We see know-how reshaping world companies, society and our communities,” mentioned Jeff Clarke, chief working officer and vice chairman, Dell Applied sciences. “We design our merchandise and options to provide companies highly-automated, clever, safe and resilient IT that may assist them prosper.”
The innovation engine powering digital transformation
Dell Applied sciences helps prospects turn out to be extra resilient and put together for the long run. The corporate has invested greater than (U.S.) $18 billion in analysis and growth in the course of the previous 5 years and, in 2019, was the 16th highest recipient of U.S. patents. Whereas shifting 90% of its world workforce to work remotely, Dell launched many inventions this 12 months and, in Q2, realized 30% year-over-year development in as-a-Service and versatile consumption recurring income. Listed here are the ten most essential issues to know:
- Dell launched Dell EMC PowerStore, a storage system that uniquely blends automation, next-generation storage media and a novel software program structure. PowerStore is gaining momentum with lots of of consumers, 20% of that are new to Dell Applied sciences storage.
- Dell introduced Dell EMC PowerScale, a household of storage methods that set a brand new customary for the way corporations seize and handle unstructured knowledge, and Dell EMC PowerFlex, software-defined storage options that ship enterprise-class efficiency and resiliency for purchasers’ most crucial workloads.
- Dell Technologies Cloud hybrid cloud developments helped companies handle their public, personal and edge cloud environments with pace, consistency, scale, safety and financial savings.
- Dell additional expanded its cloud choices with Dell Technologies Cloud PowerScale for Google Cloud, which mixes Dell’s PowerScale network-attached storage with Google Cloud’s analytics and compute providers to deal with demanding workloads.
- Dell supported trendy software growth and supplied a straightforward path to Kubernetes adoption with VMware Tanzu on Dell EMC VxRail, the one hyperconverged infrastructure that gives a totally built-in Tanzu portfolio.1 Dell additionally allowed prospects to run Kubernetes at scale with Dell Applied sciences Cloud Platform and supplied end-to-end knowledge administration and safety of Kubernetes workloads with PowerProtect Data Manager.
- Dell launched Enterprise SONiC Distribution by Dell Technologies, absolutely supported open supply networking options developed for cloud-level, large-scale knowledge heart environments.
- Dell expanded relationships with a global network of technology and service providers to assist prospects understand better worth from the sting. Dell additionally launched the Dell EMC VxRail system designed to maintain excessive temperatures and shock, and the compact, ruggedized Dell EMC PowerEdge XE2420 server that delivers efficiency and safety for analytics functions on the edge.
- Dell EMC Ready Solutions simplified and scaled AI workloads with self-service entry to GPU assets, providing prospects “AI wherever.”
- Dell SafeBIOS Off-Host Verification, delivered with VMware Carbon Black Cloud Audit and Remediation, supplied IT and safety groups entry and visibility to the BIOS well being of their Dell PCs wherever workers are working.
- Dell expanded its PC portfolio with the most intelligent, safe2 and sustainable3 industrial lineup within the trade, in addition to the industry’s first 5G-capable4 Intel-powered enterprise PC, giving cellular professionals entry to ultra-fast 5G speeds and dependable connectivity.
Shaping the digital future
Dell Applied sciences’ customers are utilizing the corporate’s know-how and providers to enhance enterprise and society.
For instance, The University of Pisa is a pioneer in excessive efficiency computing and Dell EMC PowerStore and PowerScale storage person. In the course of the peak of the COVID-19 disaster in Italy, Dell Applied sciences boosted the College’s all-flash capabilities, permitting it to help close by Santa Chiara Hospital’s COVID-19 analysis whereas concurrently supporting an AI-based chemistry analysis challenge and a multi-cloud shared service for administrative companies, hospitals and cities in Tuscany.
Medacist, an innovator in drug diversion analytics, just lately launched its SaaS-based providing known as Genesis, an AI-powered platform that ingests and analyzes knowledge from healthcare data methods to establish abnormalities to detect drug diversion. Utilizing Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, PowerScale storage, CloudIQ for storage monitoring, and PowerProtect DD, Medacist was capable of scale back knowledge computation time from 24 hours to 5 minutes.
Informing future improvements
Whereas the primary six months of 2020 have led CIOs to reassess their IT spend, consultants anticipate corporations to take a position roughly (U.S.) $3.4 trillion on IT this year. In keeping with the 2020 Dell Technologies Digital Transformation Index, corporations have sped their price of know-how adoption in the course of the present enterprise local weather. In just some months, 80% of companies have fast-tracked at the very least some digital transformation packages.
“Because the world has navigated a troublesome and unsure 12 months, it has turn out to be crystal clear that know-how has by no means been extra essential or impactful,” mentioned Clarke. “Throughout 2020, we have seen organizations enhance their adoption of applied sciences that may form the following decade.”
About Dell Applied sciences
Dell Technologies (NYSE: DELL) helps organizations and people construct their digital future and rework how they work, reside and play. The corporate supplies prospects with the trade’s broadest and most progressive know-how and providers portfolio for the information period.
1 Based mostly on reference structure using TKGI and cluster and cloud choices built-in with vSphere with Tanzu
2 Based mostly on Dell evaluation, January 2020. Study extra at https://www.dellemc.com/endpointsecurity
3 Based mostly on the design, manufacture, packaging, product lifecycle upkeep and variety of ecolabel registrations, together with EPEAT Gold registrations for the Dell Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex portfolio as of Could 2020.
4 Based mostly on Dell evaluation of enterprise PCs, August 2020. 5G module is non-obligatory and should be chosen at buy. 4G and 3G Backwards appropriate. Precise speeds will range relying on service community, customers, location and different elements. Topic to service supplier’s subscription and protection space. Extra costs will apply. Contact service supplier for particulars.
Copyright © 2020 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Applied sciences, Dell, EMC and Dell EMC are logos of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Different logos could also be logos of their respective homeowners.
VMware, Tanzu, and Carbon Black are registered logos or logos of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the USA and different jurisdictions.
SOURCE Dell Applied sciences