!1 New ReplaceClick on right here for up to date updates
Haryana farmer dies throughout tractor rally organised by BJP to help farm legal guidelines
- A 72-year-old farmer died on Wednesday in Ambala in the course of the BJP’s tractor rally in help of the farm legal guidelines. The rally was led by Union Minister of State Ratanlal Kataria and BJP’s Kurukshetra MP Naib Saini.
- A case has been registered below sections 302, 341, 148, 149, and 120 B of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), in accordance with the police. “A case has been filed in opposition to a number of individuals after farmer (recognized as) Bharat Singh’s son alleged that few anti-farm payments (farm legal guidelines) protesters had been concerned in his father’s demise,” Anil Kumar, DSP, Naraingarh stated.
Karnataka: Film theatres set to open in Bengaluru from tomorrow, working at 50% capability.
Karnataka: Rain lashes components of Mangaluru
Karnataka: Rain lashes components of Mangaluru; visuals from Kadri space within the metropolis https://t.co/b1kTGlKy78
— ANI (@ANI) 1602747437000
Medical doctors to protest over non-payment of salaries
Delhi: Resident Medical doctors’ Affiliation of NDMC Medical Faculty and Hindu Rao Hospital to carry a peaceable protest at Jantar Mantar on sixteenth October over “non-payment of salaries for 4 months”.
West Bengal: Employees protest in opposition to the sudden shutdown of a Jute mill in Titagarh space of North 24 Parganas.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches marketing campaign to deal with air air pollution
We’re launching a marketing campaign ‘Purple Mild On, Gaadi Off’ to deal with air air pollution. There are one crore autos registered in Delhi. In line with specialists, even when 10 lakh autos flip off ignition at visitors alerts, then 1.5 tonnes of PM10 will scale back in a yr: Delhi CM Kejriwal
Aid operations underway in rain-hit areas of Telangana
- Aid operations had been underway on Thursday in Hyderabad and different locations in Telangana within the wake of heavy rains that precipitated inundation of low-lying areas, harm to property and likewise standing agriculture crops.
- An official launch stated the Chief Minister has instructed officers to return to the assembly convened by him with particulars concerning the losses suffered of their respective departments.
- The assembly would focus on the rehabilitation measures taken, extra measures to be taken and the problems to be talked about in a report back to be submitted to the Centre, the discharge stated.
SC asks Republic Media Group to method Bombay HC in opposition to summons issued in TRP rip-off case.
Jalyukt Shivar Scheme below investigation
A committee has been set as much as examine irregularities into the Jalyukt Shivar Scheme launched by the earlier state govt. A CAG report says that enormous scale corruption occurred below this scheme: Maharashtra Residence Minister Anil Deshmukh
MP CM orders probe after 7 die in 12 hrs
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan orders probe after a complete of seven individuals died in Ujjain inside 12 hours. Reason for the deaths is unknown.
Maharashtra: 4 swept away in flooded stream after heavy rain in Pune
- 4 individuals have been swept away by a swollen stream at Pune in Maharashtra following heavy rain within the district, police stated on Thursday.
- Apart from, a workforce of the Nationwide Catastrophe Response Pressure (NDRF) has been rushed to a village in Mohol tehsil of neighbouring Solapur district the place a flood-like scenario arose, an official stated.
Cinema halls proceed to stay shut in AP
- Cinema halls and multiplex screens remained shut in Andhra Pradesh although the Centre permitted them to reopen to half capability from Thursday below Unlock 5.0.
- Movie exhibitors made it clear that they might not resume reveals given the assorted constraints, primarily the steep upkeep prices.
- Apart from the monetary burden, the opposite main difficulty that’s deterring exhibitors from resuming enterprise is the dearth of latest films for screening.
CBI workforce in Hathras sufferer’s village for questioning relations of accused
- A workforce of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is investigating the Hathras incident has reached the Bulgarhi village on Thursday to query the relations of the accused within the alleged gang-rape of a girl who died final month.
- The accused within the case have been recognized as Sandeep, Ravi, Ramu, and Lavkush. As we speak marks the fourth day of the investigation.
Flood-like scenario in Maharashtra, Karnataka; NDRF undertakes rescue operation
- Flood-like scenario has occurred in components of Maharashtra and Karnataka following heavy rainfall in each the states. The Nationwide Catastrophe Aid Pressure (NDRF) has initiated varied rescue operations within the affected areas of those two states.
- On Wednesday, two NDRF groups had been despatched to Karnataka and three groups in Maharashtra to hold out the rescue operations.
Maharashtra: Flood-like scenario in Baramati
Maharashtra: Flood-like scenario in Baramati, following heavy rainfall within the space https://t.co/A2a5SCXN67
— ANI (@ANI) 1602734154000
2,23,000 cusecs of water discharged from Sonna Barrage into Bheema river in Afzalpur, Kalaburagi district, following heavy rainfall in Maharashtra: Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Restricted
Pune: Waterlogging at Sinhagad Highway
Pune: Waterlogging at Sinhagad Highway, following to heavy rainfall within the metropolis #MaharashtraRains https://t.co/hOH7AzRbPv
— ANI (@ANI) 1602734808000
Heavy in a single day rain in Mumbai; waterlogging in some areas
Mumbai skilled heavy rains in a single day together with thunderstorm and lightning, inflicting water-logging in some low-lying areas, officers stated on Thursday. Roads in some low-lying areas like Hindmata, King’s Circle and Kalachowki had been inundated after heavy rainfall in the course of the night time.
IMD points rainfall, robust wind warning over Maharashtra at the moment, tomorrow
The India Meteorological Division (IMD) on Thursday issued a rainfall and robust wind warning over Maharashtra for at the moment and tomorrow. It additionally stated that there might be harm to crops and disruption of every day actions within the affected areas.
Rains proceed to lash Mumbai, IMD purple alert for at the moment
- Rains proceed to lash Mumbai and the India Meteorological Division (IMD) has predicted heavy to very heavy rains in components of Maharashtra for Thursday. It has additionally issued a purple alert for your entire North Konkan space, together with Mumbai and Thane.
- Heavy rainfall has triggered water logging in components of Mumbai.
- In Pune, as many as 40 individuals had been rescued within the flood-affected Nimgaon Ketki village in Pune district on Wednesday.
Use flood water in Mumbai for irrigation and industries: Union Minister Gadkari to Maharashtra CM
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has written to Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray proposing rain flood water in Mumbai be used for irrigation and industries across the metropolis and for horticulture in cities like Nashik and Ahmednagar.
- He additionally marked the letter to NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, and ministers Balasaheb Thorat, Ashok Chavan and Jayant Patil.
Maharashtra rains: Savitribai Phule Pune College postpones on-line, offline exams
The Savitribai Phule Pune College has postponed the web and offline examinations scheduled for at the moment, because of heavy rainfall alert within the area. The revised schedule shall be introduced later.
Twitter locks White Home Press Secretary’s private account
- Twitter locked the private account of White Home Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany after she shared a information report concerning alleged corruption by the son of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, President Donald Trump has stated.
- Trump and his marketing campaign alleged that this was due to a narrative from the New York Publish which made allegations in opposition to Biden’s son Hunter Biden that he leveraged entry to his father in trade for funds by his place on the board of a Ukraine firm.
PM Modi pays tribute to former President Kalam
Tributes to Dr. Kalam on his Jayanti. India can always remember his indelible contribution in direction of nationwide developmen… https://t.co/1LEuSeXBew
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1602732002000
Meghalaya sanctions Rs 400 cr compensation to land losers of Shillong-Tamabil street venture
- The Meghalaya authorities has sanctioned Rs 400 crore as compensation to individuals dropping their lands to the Shillong-Tamabil street enlargement venture, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong has stated.
- The Rs 1187.5-crore street venture between the state capital and Tamabil on the India-Bangladesh border is being funded by the Japanese Worldwide Cooperation Company (JICA).
Rupee inches 3 paise increased to 73.28 in opposition to US greenback in early commerce
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu remembers former president A P J Abdul Kalam on his start anniversary
Naidu says Kalam made a useful contribution in strengthening India’s defence and house capabilities and can at all times stay an inspiration to each Indian.
Telangana CM requires an emergency high-level assembly on flood scenario
Telangana CM has referred to as for an emergency high-level assembly in Hyderabad at the moment on heavy rain & flood scenario. The CM has requested the officers involved to return ready, because the state govt has to submit a report back to the Centre on the loss precipitated because of heavy rain & floods: CMO
Kerala: Heavy rains lash components of Mallapuram.
Stubble burning contributes solely 4% of pollution in Delhi: Javadekar
50 groups of CPCB shall be deployed for inspection in Delhi-NCR from at the moment. Stubble burning contributes solely 4% of pollution within the atmosphere of Delhi, relaxation is because of native elements like mud, development & biomass burning: Union Surroundings Minister Prakash Javadekar
India studies a spike of 67,708 new COVID-19 instances & 680 deaths within the final 24 hours.
Whole case tally stands at 73,07,098 together with 8,12,390 energetic instances, 63,83,442 cured/discharged/migrated instances & 1,11,266 deaths: Ministry of Well being and Household Welfare
Whole COVID assessments performed in India
11,36,183 samples had been examined for COVID-19 yesterday. Whole 9,12,26,305 samples examined within the nation as much as October 14: Indian Council of Medical Analysis
Sensex slips 36.63 factors to 40,758.11 in opening session; Nifty down 10.30 factors at 11,960.75
NDRF has deployed two groups in Maharashtra — one every in Latur and Solapur for rescue operations.
Poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri passes away
Kerala: Famend Malayalam poet and Jnanpith laureate Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri passes away at 94 in Thrissur
Punjab to not open cinema halls but
Punjab authorities decides to not open multiplexes, cinema halls and leisure parks within the State but. Nonetheless, Ramlilas to be allowed with strict COVID protocols. Particulars to be introduced after Covid evaluation assembly by CM: Raveen Thukral, Media Advisor to Punjab Chief Minister
Delhi: Air High quality Index is at 366 in ITO, 309 in RK Puram, 313 in Anand Vihar, and 339 in Wazirpur, all 4 in ‘very poor’ class, present Delhi Air pollution Management Committee (DPCC) knowledge.
IMD predictions for at the moment
- Attributable to well-marked low-pressure space over Maharashtra, gentle to average rainfall at most locations with heavy to very heavy rain at remoted locations would happen over Konkan & Goa & adjoining Ghats of Maharashtra & heavy falls at remoted locations over coastal south Gujarat at the moment.
- Sturdy wind velocity reaching 20-30 kmph gusting to 40 kmph may be very prone to prevail across the system centre & over Madhya Maharashtra throughout subsequent 12 hours and regularly lower thereafter.
- Injury is predicted to paddy crops, banana, papaya timber, drumstick timber & Horticultural crops. Flooding/water logging in low mendacity areas, disruption of floor transport, landslides, water pooling are additionally anticipated within the affected areas.
Deploying 50 groups for inspection in Delhi-NCR: CPCB
In view of the upcoming winter season, Central Air pollution Management Board (CPCB) shall be deploying 50 groups for inspection in Delhi-NCR, beginning at the moment. We have requested State Air pollution Management Board to deploy groups on the sphere for checking compliance to varied instructions given by us: CPCB
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik evaluations COVID scenario
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday reviewed the COVID scenario and its administration within the state with senior authorities officers and collectors.
- The Chief Minister stated that Odisha has constantly carried out nicely within the administration of Covid. All indicators are higher than the nationwide common. New infections are declining in most districts. The scenario has additionally improved in districts with increased infections resembling Cuttack, Khordha and Puri.
Air high quality deteriorates in Delhi
Delhi: Air high quality deteriorates within the nationwide capital with the rise of pollution within the ambiance; visuals from… https://t.co/4zHQOJaTMF
— ANI (@ANI) 1602729536000
Thailand declares state of emergency in Bangkok
- The Thai authorities have declared a state of emergency within the capital of Bangkok over the continued anti-government protests, Thailand’s media reported on Thursday.
- The decree on the state of emergency bans gatherings of 5 or extra individuals, in addition to the publication of reports or on-line messages that might infringe on nationwide safety, the Bangkok Publish newspaper reported.
Mizoram Covid-19 tally
8 new COVID-19 instances reported in Mizoram, taking the full tally to 2,220. The variety of energetic instances is at 112 whereas 2,108 individuals have been discharged thus far. No demise reported within the State until date: Authorities of Mizoram
Covid-19 doubling time in India
India’s doubling time has sharply elevated to 70.4 days (it was 25.5 days in mid-August). This means a considerable fall within the every day new instances and the ensuing enhance in time taken to double the full instances: Ministry of Well being
A lady was rescued after being allegedly locked inside a bathroom for over a yr
Haryana: A lady who was allegedly locked inside a bathroom for over a yr by her husband was rescued by Ladies Prote… https://t.co/qHkeRscpw6
— ANI (@ANI) 1602725545000
Germany in ‘critical’ section of COVID-19 pandemic: Merkel
Germany is in a “critical” section of the coronavirus pandemic, the variety of new infections is rising exponentially, German Chancellor Angela Merkel stated.
Waterlogging in components of Pune metropolis
Maharashtra: Heavy rainfall led to waterlogging in components of Pune metropolis. (14.11) https://t.co/efYxxzSW8i
— ANI (@ANI) 1602720685000
PM Modi speaks to Telangana, Andhra CMs over scenario created because of heavy rainfall
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke to Telangana Chief Minister Ok Chandrasekhar Rao and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy concerning the scenario arising out of heavy rainfall within the two states. He assured all doable help and help in rescue and reduction work.
India, France re-elected as President, Co-President of Worldwide Photo voltaic Alliance
- India and France had been re-elected because the President and Co-President of the Worldwide Photo voltaic Alliance (ISA), for a time period of two years on the digital assembly of the Third Meeting, knowledgeable the Ministry of New and Renewable Vitality.
- In line with an official launch, whereas talking within the plenary, the President of the ISA Meeting, India’s Energy and New and Renewable Vitality Minister, RK Singh, appreciated the Alliance members coming collectively to work for combating local weather change and welcomed the seventh initiative on heating and cooling to be launched for dialogue within the Third Meeting.
Normal meet between contact teams from Afghan authorities, Taliban held
In line with Tolo Information, the difficulty of resolving disputed points had been mentioned and it was emphasised that each contact teams should present options to the disputed points “as quickly as doable”.
40 individuals rescued in flood-affected areas of Pune
- In line with SDO, Baramati, Pune, 40 individuals safely rescued, whereas rescue operations for 15 others underway in flood-affected Nimgaon Ketki village of Pune district. In one other incident close to Indapur, two individuals who washed away with their automobile have been rescued.
- As per a visible, locals in Indapur space in Pune rescued a person with the assistance of a JCB machine who washed away in an overflowing stream.
- Water has additionally entered into the residential areas of Baramati in Pune.