The Morrison Authorities is offering $11.8 million for brand spanking new analysis into Australia’s society, historical past, tradition, literature, artwork, music, politics and geography.
Minister for Training Dan Tehan at the moment introduced the Authorities was funding 49 new analysis tasks by the Australian Analysis Council.
“These analysis tasks will assist improve our understanding of Australia’s previous, current and future,” Mr Tehan mentioned. “In January, I introduced a brand new Particular Analysis Initiative to help analysis that appears at how Australians dwell at the moment and the way the previous has contributed to our society, together with how our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander historical past and tradition is known and has impacted fashionable Australia.”
Funded tasks embrace:
- $290,606 to analysis Australia’s literary historical past through the use of revolutionary digital strategies to find, curate and examine tens of 1000’s of unrecorded novels, novellas and brief tales in Twentieth-century Australian newspapers (ANU).
- $262,359 to look at altering patterns of political participation and illustration in rural Australia resulting in strengthened analysis capability in rural politics, new frameworks for assessing how democracy is reworking, and improved engagement of numerous constituencies in politics (College of Sydney).
- $116,265 to research the histories of Aboriginal Queensland ladies who skilled as nurses or midwives from the Nineties-Fifties, countering present assumptions that Indigenous ladies couldn’t entry training and employment and have been ‘simply domestics’ (College of Southern Queensland).
- $256,800 to analysis Indigenous strolling trails that might turn out to be vacationer sights. The venture will develop a nationwide path map, a strolling path template and a proposal for a brand new path with native councils (Flinders College).
- $282,726 to research distinctive Australian vernacular English from the late 1800s to at the moment. The venture will help the event of instructional supplies and publications that enhance consciousness of Australian English and its reflection of Australian tradition and values (Monash College).
Particulars about all profitable grants can be found on the ARC website.