Listed below are the most recent updates from Japan and past on the coronavirus outbreak:
Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. unveils a robotic system that may be remotely managed for novel coronavirus PCR testing in Tokyo on Oct. 12, 2020. (Kyodo)
As of 11 p.m., Monday, Oct. 12 (Japan time)
Helpful assets for international residents and guests in Japan
- Tokyo Metropolitan Authorities’s “Tokyo Coronavirus Assist Middle for Overseas Residents (TOCOS)” multilingual hotline
– Obtainable in Easy Japanese, English, Chinese language, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Indonesian, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Khmer, and Burmese, 10 a.m. to five p.m. on weekdays besides nationwide holidays.
0120-296-004 (toll free)
- AMDA Medical Info Middle’s “Multilingual Session Service”
– Obtainable in Easy Japanese and English, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. Additionally out there in Chinese language, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese on designated weekdays. Verify schedule here.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Authorities’s COVID-19 data
- Tokyo Metropolitan Authorities hotline
– Obtainable in English, Chinese language, Korean and Japanese, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Obtainable through fax for these with listening to impairments
- Japan Nationwide Tourism Group’s “Information for when you’re feeling sick”
– Multilingual clinic/hospital search out there in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese language, Conventional Chinese language, Japanese
- JNTO’s “Japan Customer Hotline“
– Obtainable in English, Chinese language, Korean and Japanese 24 hours a day
+81-50-3816-2787 (from abroad)
- Japan’s well being ministry hotline
– Obtainable in Japanese solely, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- World Well being Group’s “Q&A on coronaviruses“