!1 New ReplaceClick on right here for contemporary updates
Russian rouble hits 79 vs greenback as COVID-19 fears depress threat urge for food
- The Russian rouble fell to a close to six-month low in opposition to the greenback on Monday, persevering with its downward trajectory from the tip of final week as rising coronavirus circumstances worldwide negatively impacted oil costs and decreased international threat urge for food.
- At 0731 GMT, the rouble was 0.6% weaker in opposition to the greenback at 78.66, earlier hitting 79 for the primary time since April 2.
Hearth broke out at basement workplace in Fort William, the Military’s Japanese Command headquarters, in Kolkata
Punjab CM Amarinder Singh holds a sit-in protest
Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh holds a sit-in protest in opposition to the in opposition to #FarmBills (now legal guidelines) at Khatkar Kalan… https://t.co/rSu1RoPvzn
— ANI (@ANI) 1601276425000
Kangana Ranaut property demolition matter: Listening to underway at Bombay Excessive Court docket
Alapan Bandopadhyay named as West Bengal chief secretary, will be a part of his new posting on October 1
Denmark seeks to remodel ties with India with investments in area of interest sectors
Northern European financial main Denmark is hoping to remodel its ties with India and hoping to improve financial partnership by investments throughout sectors together with sustainable improvement and the maritime sector. Monday’s summit might be a step in that path.
SC to listen to in opposition to Trai’s new regulation on checking pesky calls/SMSes
A CJI SA Bobde led bench to shortly hear a problem to TRAI’s newest directive on business SMSes for violating residents’ elementary proper to privateness by making a mega database of person preferences, consent & content material of SMS acquired on a cell quantity.
Kerala: Particular NIA court docket in Kochi sentences Subahani Haja Moideen, to life imprisonment
He was arrested by the Nationwide Investigation Company (NIA) for allegedly supporting the actions of the fear outfit Islamic State (ISIS). Court docket additionally fined him of Rs 2,10,000.
SBI has publicizes a 100% waiver within the processing price for all clients making use of for Automotive, Gold, and Private mortgage by YONO
Govt extends sugar export deadline by 3 months until December
- The federal government has given further three months’ time until December to millers to undertake necessary export of their sugar quota allotted for this yr, a senior Meals Ministry official mentioned on Monday.
- For the 2019-20 advertising yr ending September, the federal government has allowed export of 6 million tonnes of sugar beneath the quota to assist take care of surplus sugar.
Supreme Court docket permits a COVID-19 constructive aspirant to take Widespread Regulation Admission Check, 2020 examination in isolation, right this moment
Beijing utilizing militarised outposts in South China Sea as platforms of coercion: US
China is utilizing its militarised outposts within the South China Sea as platforms of coercion to claim management over waters it has no lawful declare over, the US has mentioned, demanding President Xi Jinping to honour his dedication that these maritime constructions “wouldn’t goal or affect any nation”.
Goa DGP exams coronavirus constructive
We’re going to Supreme Court docket to problem Agriculture Payments. I’m assembly a crew of attorneys from Delhi tomorrow
– Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
UPSC tells Supreme Court docket that it is not possible to defer Civil Providers exams any additional
SC was listening to a plea filed by UPSC aspirants, searching for postponement of the upcoming Civil Providers (prelims) Examination 2020. UPSC requested to file an affidavit by tomorrow, reviews ANI.
Arunachal’s COVID-19 tally crosses 9,000-mark with 135 new circumstances
3,235 new COVID-19 circumstances, 3,378 recoveries and 16 deaths reported in Odisha
Union Well being Minister to launch ICMR COVID-19 Vaccine portal right this moment
RBI approves 3-member committee of administrators to handle Lakshmi Vilas Financial institution
- The event comes just a few days after its shareholders rejected the appointment of seven administrators, together with the Managing Director, Chief Govt Officer and auditors on the annual normal assembly.
- The shareholders rejected the appointments a time when the personal sector lender is dealing with a serious monetary disaster because of deterioration of asset high quality and lack of capital.
5 detained in reference to protest and burning of tractor close to India Gate in Delhi
Supreme Court docket to listen to the matter on Monday, October 5
Mortgage Moratorium case: Course of to be finalised in 2 days with inputs from stakeholders, broad affect, Centre tells SC
Stories ET Now
Centre seeks to defer listening to in mortgage curiosity waiver case by 2 days, reviews ET Now
SC to listen to of petitions searching for curiosity waiver shortly
Justice Ashok Bhushan led bench to shortly begin listening to on plea(s) searching for extension of the Covid-19 induced mortgage moratorium & waiver of accruing curiosity, reviews authorized information web site Reside Regulation.
Rupee opens 3 paise decrease at 73.64 in opposition to US greenback
Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha and Hasiru Sene, & different organisations protest
Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha and Hasiru Sene, & different organisations protest in entrance of Sir Puttanna Chetty City H… https://t.co/JTCCtt5dzM
— ANI (@ANI) 1601268224000
Samsung could log $54.5bn in gross sales, to promote 80mn Galaxy telephones in Q3
7 deaths and 1,378 new COVID-19 circumstances recorded in Telangana right this moment
The election bombshell: Key takeaways from NYT report on Trump’s tax returns
- Trump paid simply $750 in taxes in each 2016 and 2017
- He has financed an extravagant life-style with using enterprise bills
- A lot of his best-known companies are money-losers
- International guests have helped help trump’s properties
- Trump will face monetary stress as money owed come due
Sensex jumps 207.46 pts to 37,596.12 in opening session
Nifty advances 68.10 pts to 11,118.35
India’s COVID19 tally crosses 60-lakh mark with a spike of 82,170 new circumstances & 1,039 deaths reported within the final 24 hours
- Case tally stands at 60,74,703
- 9,62,640 energetic circumstances
- 5,01,6521 cured/discharged/migrated
- 95,542 deaths
7,19,67,230 samples examined as much as twenty seventh September for COVID-19
Supreme Court docket to listen to a plea filed by UPSC aspirants right this moment, searching for postponement of upcoming Civil Providers examination
The petition seeks postponement of the Civil Providers examination for two to three months, within the wake of flood/rainfall in elements of the nation and #COVID19 pandemic.
Tractor set on hearth by unidentified individuals close to India Gate, right this moment
DCP New Delhi says,”Round 15- 20 individuals gathered right here & tried to set a tractor on hearth. The hearth has been doused off & tractor was additionally eliminated. These concerned are being recognized. Probe underway”
Punjab CM to hitch farmer protests right this moment
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh to carry a sit-in protest right this moment in opposition to the three farm legal guidelines at Khatkar Kalan in Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar.
Congress MP from Kerala, T.N.Pratapan to file a writ petition in Supreme court docket difficult Farm Payments
Greenback close to 2-month excessive as financial restoration dangers loom
- Greenback off 2-month excessive after finest week in virtually half yr
- Massive web brief place in greenback level to likelihood of additional rise
- Euro hampered by issues about infections
- Turkish lira hits file low as price hike boosts fade
Karnataka: Police deployed in Kalaburagi within the wake of a statewide bandh
Karnataka: Police power deployed in Kalaburagi within the wake of a statewide bandh known as by farmers' organisations to… https://t.co/JxzNRXb0VC
— ANI (@ANI) 1601261503000
Billionaire bond supervisor Gundlach suggests he may depart California over taxes
Billionaire bond fund supervisor Jeffrey Gundlach recommended in a Twitter put up late Saturday that he could transfer from California to a lower-tax state if Sacramento raises taxes on the rich.
Jordan secures 700-mln-euro delicate mortgage from EU
Andhra: Nandi idol vandalised in Lord Shiva temple in Chittoor
NY Instances: Trump paid $750 in US revenue taxes in 2016, 2017
ArcelorMittal in talks to merge U.S. belongings with Cleveland-Cliffs
- ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steelmaker, is exploring a deal to merge its U.S. operations with Cleveland-Cliffs, the biggest U.S. producer of iron ore pellets, individuals acquainted with the matter mentioned on Sunday.
- The mixture would sign a brand new push amongst steelmakers to consolidate and diversify their enterprise, making it much less susceptible to swings in demand. It could come after Cleveland-Cliffs acquired AK Metal, a U.S. maker of flat-rolled carbon steels, together with chrome steel, for $3 billion, together with debt, final March.
Saudi Arabia says G20 leaders summit to be held nearly on Nov 21-22
India’s whole recoveries cross 50 lakh mark
The final 10 lakh recoveries have been added in simply 11 days: Union Ministry of Well being and Household Welfare
Mexico’s confirmed coronavirus circumstances as much as 730,317
Mainland China reviews 21 new COVID-19 circumstances vs 14 a day earlier
23 individuals killed, over 100 injured in Azeri-Armenian clashes
PM Modi to carry digital bilateral summit with Danish counterpart right this moment
Kerala reviews 7,445 new COVID-19 circumstances
International COVID-19 rely reaches 32,925,668, dying toll nearing 1 million
Moscow’s COVID-19 dying toll rises by 16 to five,180
US choose suspends Trump ban on TikTok downloads
Federal choose quickly suspends Trump order that might have banned in style app TikTok from app shops on Sunday.