Worldwide travellers arriving in Abu Dhabi at the moment are required to put on a quarantine wristband till they full a compulsory 14-day self-isolation below new authorities pointers.
The free medically-approved tag is given to passengers, arriving from all international locations, at any Abu Dhabi entry level.
The brand new laws had been set out by the Abu Dhabi Disaster, Emergency and Disasters Committee to curb the unfold of Covid-19 and safeguard public well being.
The sequence of protocols had been posted on the Abu Dhabi Media Workplace Twitter account on Thursday.
Up to date Covid-19 pointers for these travelling to Abu Dhabi
• Passengers arriving on to Abu Dhabi via any UAE port or entry level should take a PCR take a look at and register below a quarantine system to obtain an digital wristband, to be worn for 14 days
• They need to take an extra PCR take a look at on day 12 of the isolation interval to make sure they’re away from the virus. If a unfavourable take a look at is confirmed, the wristband could be eliminated on day 14
• Passengers who spent lower than 14 days in one other emirate earlier than coming to Abu Dhabi should additionally observe the regulation however the days spent outdoors the capital will probably be deducted from the entire quarantine interval
• Passengers who spent greater than 14 days outdoors Abu Dhabi ought to observe the laws already in place to enter
Those that arrive to the UAE via Abu Dhabi however want to go straight to a different emirate should bear a PCR take a look at inside 96 hours of journey to the capital. On arrival, they need to additionally take a DPI laser take a look at and, if unfavourable, can transfer on supplied they signal a kind stating their location and agreeing to abide by any laws in place. If an arrival doesn’t have a take a look at, they need to take one and anticipate a unfavourable outcome.
Well being authorities will determine on the place individuals could also be requested to quarantine, relying on whether or not or not they dwell alone and may self-isolate with out placing others in danger. Those that dwell with others could also be requested to quarantine in a lodge or lodging supplied by authorities for 14 days. Households travelling collectively might quarantine at residence collectively.
Such digital units have been used elsewhere as a part of Covid-19 laws.
Within the early phases of the pandemic, Hong Kong directed individuals arriving within the area to be fitted with quarantine wristbands which function a QR code to be scanned with a cell phone.
The digital bracelet is linked with an app, which is to be downloaded. The wearer can also be given a code to activate the monitoring system.
Through the quarantine interval, the app can detect the power of digital indicators on the particular person’s residence deal with, together with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
If a person strays outdoors their quarantine zone, a change in such indicators is detected, and authorities will probably be alerted concerning the breach.
The UK Overseas Workplace has notified passengers of the quarantine measures in place in Abu Dhabi on its web site.
“All arrivals in Abu Dhabi should isolate for 14 days on arrival and are more likely to be required to put on a medically accepted wristband during their quarantine,” the Overseas Workplace said.
Strict measures governing air journey stay in place throughout the Emirates to stop the unfold of Covid-19.
Etihad reminded travellers final month that Abu Dhabi will not be but open to vacationers and guests due to coronavirus precautions.
Federal guidelines on coming into the UAE had been up to date from August 12.
Modifications allowed residents with legitimate visas to re-enter with out the necessity to apply for permission from the Federal Authority for Identification and Citizenship (ICA).
Individuals returning to Abu Dhabi from abroad are inspired, nonetheless, to go to uaeentry.ica.gov.ae, the place they’ll submit their passport quantity and Emirates ID quantity to make sure they’re permitted to enter the nation.
What different security measures are in place when flying to Abu Dhabi?
• Travellers will solely be permitted to fly with Etihad if they’ve a unfavourable PCR take a look at outcome. Passengers should current a medical certificates or different related doc clearly stating the kind of take a look at and the outcome
• Passengers – aside from these aged below 12 – will bear thermal screening and PCR testing on arrival in Abu Dhabi
• Travellers should take a photocopy of their passport and UAE residency visa to be offered on arrival in Abu Dhabi
• Etihad advises passengers to buy journey insurance coverage earlier than they fly
Up to date: September 18, 2020 08:31 AM