ROTTERDAM, The Netherlands (15 September 2020, 17:42 CET) – IMCD N.V. (“IMCD” or the “Firm”), a number one international distributor of speciality chemical compounds and meals and pharma elements, at this time declares that it has signed an settlement to accumulate 100% of Signet Excipients Personal Restricted (“Signet”), one of many main distributors of excipients in India. Signet is effectively aligned with the IMCD enterprise mannequin and technique and supplies a big platform for additional progress in India and the Asia-Pacific area.
Based in 1986, Signet grew from a small distribution firm to one of many main distributors of excipients in India. It focusses on the distribution of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and bio-pharma excipients throughout classes akin to diluents, fillers, sweeteners, disintegrants, binders, surfactants and others. Primarily based in Mumbai, Signet can also be energetic in India, Bangladesh, the Center East and Africa. Signet at present serves greater than 900+ clients, with 400+ merchandise from the world’s main excipient producers. With roughly 100 staff, Signet generated income of INR 13.2 billion (ca. EUR 152 million) within the final twelve months as much as and together with June 2020, and realised a normalised EBITA of INR 3.4 billion (ca. EUR 39 million).
The transaction will happen in two tranches, with IMCD now buying 70% of the share capital from the founders and the remaining 30% by 2024. The transaction is predicted to have excessive single digit money EPS accretion within the first full yr put up acquisition. The founders of Signet will proceed to guide the corporate put up completion of the primary tranche.
With its asset gentle enterprise mannequin and long-term relationships with main tier 1 international excipient producers, the acquisition of Signet by IMCD has a robust strategic rationale. It is a crucial step in IMCD’s technique to turn into a number one international speciality pharma ingredient distributor and strengthens IMCD’s footprint within the excessive progress and resilient pharma excipient distribution market. It moreover considerably strengthens IMCD’s presence in India and will increase IMCD’s place within the high-growth APAC area.
Piet van der Slikke, CEO of IMCD commented: “As India is the biggest provider of generic medicines globally, it’s our ambition for our pharmaceutical enterprise to have a robust presence there. Therefore, I’m happy that Signet and IMCD will now be part of their actions in India, Bangladesh, the Center East and Africa.”
Harish Shah, founder and managing director of Signet, provides: “IMCD is a superb companion for Signet, not solely as a result of similarity of our principals however furthermore the tradition of progress by deep market data, technical innovation and highest ranges of service. We look ahead to being a strategic a part of IMCD’s international pharmaceutical enterprise.”
The closing of the transaction is topic to customary closing circumstances and regulatory approval, and is predicted to happen within the final quarter of 2020.
Piet van der Slikke (CEO) and Hans Kooijmans (CFO) will host a convention name later at this time, at 18:15 PM CET. The presentation used within the name and an audio replay of the decision can be made out there on the web site www.imcdgroup.com/traders.
This press launch accommodates info that qualifies as inside info inside the which means of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
Connected, please discover the press launch in pdf format.