Some in-person occasions may be canceled because of COVID-19. Earlier than going, make sure that occasion is happening.
Mindy Sinks — “60 Hikes Inside 60 Minutes,” 5-8 p.m. Thursday, Lined Treasure Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 481-2665.
Stewart Inexperienced — “Climbing Pikes Peak,” 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Mountain Chalet, 15 N. Nevada Ave.; 633-0732, mtnchalet.com.
Digital September Write Mind: Writing Motion Scenes that Don’t Suck! — Hosted by Pikes Peak Writers, 6-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, free; tinyurl.com/yyn9dd4h.
Tez Brooks of Colorado Springs has gained the Prestigious Guide of the Decade Award for “The Single Dad Detour: Instructions for Fathering After Divorce.”
The Root’s “Lovecraft Nation” Contest — Black writers can reply the query “Once you hear the phrase ‘historic monsters,’ what involves thoughts?” with a brief fiction story for an opportunity to win $5000, get story printed on The Root and mentorship from writers on the present. Deadline is Friday: tinyurl.com/yxcj2cw3.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Current regional creator choices:
• “Why Trump Gained The 2020 Election, 21 Causes The Democrats Misplaced” by David King Keller. Independently printed. Abstract: On Nov. 9, 2016, shock waves reverberated throughout the USA—Donald Trump gained the 2016 election. Will he do it once more?
• “Health Coaching Uncovered: Why You Don’t Want a Health Coach!” by Adam Hunter. Printed by RoseDog Books. Abstract: Focuses on the truth that 100% of us have affect on the standard of our well being and our high quality of life. This e book was written on the stable science.
Hoopla Digital — Pikes Peak Library District patrons can use Hoopla Digital at no cost entry to movies, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCS and Apple TV; hoopladigital.com.
E-books and Extra — E-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines free with PPLD library card. Click on on CyberShelf at ppld.org.
For data, go to ppld.org.
• Calhan Library, 600 Financial institution St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Department Library, 1785 S. eighth St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain Library Department, 230 S. Predominant St., Fountain, ppld.org
• Excessive Prairie Library, 7035 Previous Meridian Highway, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library, 701 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Department, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Previous Colorado Metropolis Library Department, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake Library Department, 66 Decrease Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Department, 832 Village Heart Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Department, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Department, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Go Department Library, 8010 Severy Ave.
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE